Industrial 21t Wagon Triple Pack
Introduced in 1950, almost 14,000 of these mineral wagons were built for British Rail. Two basic designs were used, both having twin side doors and one end door in their 21ft 6in long bodies, mounted on 12ft wheelbase under-frames. The 21 ton wagons were closer to their 16 ton predecessors in height, and lasted longest both in production and in service. Many saw extended lives in industrial service.
About our model
These wagons are being produced in 00 gauge, exclusively for Planet Industrials by Accurascale.
Our dark grey and orange livery is inspired by the internal user wagons at Grimethorpe Colliery in North Yorkshire, however due to their plain livery they could be adapted for use on your own industrial layout. The pack will contain three individually numbered wagons.
Models are now available from stock at Light Railway Stores.
NOTE: Pre-production livery sample shown, we have specified a change to the tone of the orange colour, making it both darker and less vibrant. Sunglasses will not be required!
- 1/107 diagram wagon
- Spindle Buffers
- Oil Axle-boxes
- Two doors on either side of body and another at one end only for end-tipping
- Pack of three wagons, each with individual numbers - 66, 142, 161
- Extra fine factory-fitted detail plastic parts and sprung buffers
- NEM standard coupler pockets
- Narrow tension lock couplers included
- RP25.88 darkened profile sets with 14.4mm back-to-backs and 26mm over pinpoints
- Metal 3-hole disc wagon wheels on metal axles - 12.6mm
- Designed for easy conversion to P4 and EM gauges
Register your interest for email updates
Sign up to our mailing list to be among the first to receive project updates.